Saturday, January 8, 2011

#5 Bellhaven



An unexpected stop into the local pub. Just gotten back from watching the Celtics kick the Raptors back into the Cretaceous, though really it's the Raptors...winning by anything less than 10 would have been an embarassment, get a text from some friends and decide, yeah, I could get another round in.
Bellhaven was written on the board in what I thought was the $4 line (nope, the five, drat) and I thought it sounded properly classy and British so I ordered it.
I noticed when it was poured that the bartended had to use the same method as Guinness, my old standby, leaving it to settle when it was about 2/3rds full, which got me a little excited, thinking I'd managed to order myself some kind of thick porter by blind good fortune, but no. When it finished settling it was on the much paler side. Darn.
That being said, it was quite tasty and smooth. If it was in the four dollar line, I'd order it once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment