Saturday, January 22, 2011

#17 Johnny Thunders - Que Sera Sera

The man was rock and roll to his very bones. There's all the necessary ingredients, hand claps, harmonica, horns, call and response, girl group sensibilities, a snarl that can sound snotty or wounded.

But this isn't a time or place to go on about that poor fragile bastard. That could go for pages. This is just on the one album.

Yup, he can record a song about how there's a little bit of whore in every little girl, and it's a partying rocker and not the least offensive.

Wonder if he recorded "Short Lives" with any kind of foreshadowing in mind.

Even the half-Calypso sounding Cool Operator doesn't ruin it. "I could make Godzilla give me head." Wow. I'm still kind of sure I don't hate it though.

Anyway, glad I picked this up on a whim, and glad it's on vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment