Sunday, January 23, 2011

#19 Real Genius

As cult 80s movies go, it's not the best I've seen, but it's so great to see Val Kilmer in a spaced out slacker smartass type role. He never really made a dent with me until Kiss Kiss Bang Bang when I went, my God! This man is funny! And How!
And I guess I'm 25 years behind on that realization, because in the wake of MacGruber and Bad Lieutenant, everybody was going on about the return of funny Val Kilmer. I didn't know there was a former incarnation until now.
Plus, the bad guy from Ghostbusters shows up playing a prick again.
I know that appealing hokeyness and 80s movies go hand in hand, but after the third montage sequence, I couldn't help but giggle in a way I don't think was intended.
Still 80s Val Kilmer. Hot. Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment