Friday, March 11, 2011

#58 Poltergeist

Oh my god, I forgot I'd watched this on Watch Instantly. One of those classic 80s horror bits I'd never gotten around to.

Seriously? This was PG? Man, I missed out not being a kid in the 80s. It's ridiculously scary, and just imagining watching this as a kid, when the whole movie is based around putting the children in danger and the parents just feeling terror about it, it just hits you on this primal level.

Plus, the parents smoking pot and getting giggly, but before and after that just being part of the picture of an all-American family until Satan shows up? Can you imagine that in a PG movie now, when the whole rest of the movie is all about family values doing battle with underworld threats? That shoulda made Reagan's head spin around and explode or something.

And the effects? I gotta say, and it pains me to do so, I hope the Ghostbusters team threw some props these guys' way, because when the Poltergeist starts showing his face, it's scary as hell.

Great movie, and darn scary.




No comments:

Post a Comment