Friday, March 11, 2011

#56 A Film with Me In It

I'm not the only one to make the comparison but sort of like Withnail and I...if it had some gruesome plot twists.

The Withnail stand-in being Dylan Moran in his typical charming drunk character. Seriously, I can no longer remember a time when I thought of him as that uptight guy from Shaun of the Dead.

The And I stand-in being the guy who wrote the movie, Mark Doherty, playing a failed actor, but talented clarinetist.

They're neighbors in a Dublin flat, have a sketchy and unpleasant landlord, and varying degrees of problems with their apartments. It all seems to be heading towards a flick about wannabe artists with Peter Pan syndrome living on the edges of society and then well, it takes a sharp left into surreally improbable gory accident territory.

Worth seeing, if you're an Anglophile with a morbid sense of humor...or whatever the equivalent is for the Irish...Eirophile? I dunno.

Way better than his cohort Pegg's attempt at the crime-gone-wrong movie I went on about earlier. Yech.

No comments:

Post a Comment