Wednesday, March 2, 2011

#48 Cutting off all my hair.

It was terrifying. The shortest I've ever gone is shoulder length. This is a good inch or two above that.
Haircut like this. Everyone notices. Everyone comments. And while I was still getting used to it, I was terrified they were all just being nice because it's too obvious not to comment, and if you comment, of course it has to be a compliment unless you're trying to be a total asshole.
But now? I'm used to it. It's downright liberating. No styling. No feeling like I'm wasting this hair that I've been growing for years by either wearing it down and praying it doesn't tangle, or just putting it away in a shabby ponytail.
Also, it's so thick and fluffy.
I could see keeping this up. Not a bad idea, even though I did feel pressured into it at the time. Guess it was a good call.
Scary that I can't hide behind my hair anymore though, but that's getting to feel freeing.


No comments:

Post a Comment